Friday, October 1, 2010

Good Things CAN Come From "Oversharing":

I got some very helpful responses/comments (both online and offline) regarding my last post. It was just what I had hoped for and it proves that kindness and support can come from both expected and unexpected places.

In addition to that, a funny, coincidental thing happened (You might not think it's a coincidence because you're probably sure that my mother reads my blog... but, she doesn't. Weird. Right?). Anyway, as I was wrapping up a phone call with her, she told me she was going to send me a picture via MMS. "Okay," I said and hung up. I waited a few moments before I heard the familiar "ping" of an incoming message. This is the picture she sent:

And do you have any idea what that is? Well, I did. It's a "Handmade Cupcake Hat" for my daughter, Adela. And do you know who made it by hand? That's right: my amazing, wonderful, talented-to-no-end mother made it.

I immediately texted her back:

"Is that a handmade cupcake hat. And did you MAKE it?"

"Yes. I did. Why do you sound so familiar with it? Have you ever seen a handmade cupcake hat?"

"No, I never have, but I'm smart."

"Yeah, I made it. I'm knitting again. What else do you want?"

This is a very, very big deal. It would seem that in some small way, the universe is listening to me.

Thanks for all your support!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you overshared at all. Personally, I find writing to be a very cathartic exercise. It only matters that you feel better...and so glad that your mom was able to knit the cupcake hat..it's adorable and I am sure it will be treasured for years.

    ~Jen
    P.S. Zinnias started dying two days ago...*sigh*...they were pretty while they lasted, though!

    ReplyDelete