Tuesday, February 17, 2009

By Way of Introduction:



Two weeks ago, my husband received his long-awaited (I mean loooong-awaited) top secret security clearance, the final piece of his Foreign Service application. What that means is that it now falls to me to confidently say the words, "Okay. Let's do this. Let's pack up our infant, our two giant dogs, my food-processor, stand-mixer, 18 All-Clad pots and pans, 14 professional-grade knives, panini-press, waffle-maker, ice-cream maker, deep-fat fryer, and of course, my thoughtful collections of shoes, coats and denim and hit the road for parts unknown." Of course, with all things considered, it will still be months away, but knowing now that my (conventional) professional career aspirations are to be put on hold, I have decided to dip my toes in the blogging waters if for no other reason than to explore my fears and considerable apprehensions about living abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment