Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Say What? Enslaved Tomato-Pickers!


I try hard to ignore the hype and eat the foods that I crave, when I crave them. No politics. Just food. But a recent article in Gourmet Magazine inspired me to rethink the way I grocery shop. Seriously, don't eat tomatoes in the winter (it's not as if they taste like anything anyway)... unless they come in a can. Just don't. Read the article here:

http://www.gourmet.com/magazine/2000s/2009/03/politics-of-the-plate-the-price-of-tomatoes

Tomatoes, like any seasonal fruit or vegetable, are best at their peak and invariably worth the wait. Just think how euphoric it will feel to bite into that first ripe, juicy, robust Jersey tomato when the time comes!

2 comments:

  1. You knew there had to be a good reason as to why I use canned toms for my salsa in winter!?
    P.S. May I add your blog to my blog list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, dev!!! I LOVE the name!!!!

    xoxo - n.

    ReplyDelete