Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Last Sonogram Picture

This was taken on Friday, March 5th. Doesn't she look (sorta) cute in a squished-up kinda way? This was the last time she will be photographed in-utero because on Monday, they will finally begin the process of inducing us. As it turns out, she is very high still, so rather than just going for it and breaking the water, my doctor is going to do what is referred to as "stripping the membranes." This apparently hurts just as much as it sounds like it will. Yow. Ugh. Its also not a sure thing, so if that doesn't work to get things moving within a couple of hours, then they will break the water. I'm hoping to avoid chemical intervention, but its starting to look like that's impossible. Oh well. She's all cooked and its time for her to come out. I've had too many sleepless nights, too much discomfort and actually, I'm damned ready for a giant Manhattan! I've been pregnant for 10 weeks shy of
a year and there was only a six month break between this and my last pregnancy, so, yeah, I'm pretty ready to call this game!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment