Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baby's First French Kiss!

It's finally happened: two of my most favorite people (one very small and the other covered with fur) have fallen in love.

It made me realize that I have successfully given Adela an important gift: the lifelong love of animals and specifically, dogs.

While there are many who would object to an infant rolling around on the floor with two giant Labradors, to me it's a thing of beauty and love-- a magical introduction to the purest and most unconditional form. I think that's a good thing for a baby to learn very early on. More than developmentally challenging flashcards that accelerate her ability to process meaningless information and more than irrelevant puzzles, loving a dog teaches her to value life and a soft, gentle touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment