Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Whitneys: Unwitting Victims of the Montclair Pudding Attacker!

Okay, this is going to be a little gross for a minute, so bear with me.

On Sunday, both my husband and noticed a pile of, um, something shiny and brown in our driveway. With two large dogs, we came to the same immediate conclusion (no explanation necessary here). But upon further investigation, it appeared to be some sort of chocolate pile. At first, we thought, "ice cream"? Perhaps, but then it didn't have that characteristic melt as the day wore on and well, neither of us had had a rogue chocolate ice cream cone.

Eventually, thanks to the abundant, pollen-spewing trees that hover above our driveway, the pile was covered and concealed. I stopped obsessing over it. Forgot about it. But then on Monday, I noticed a group of happy squirrels hanging around it, lapping it up joyfully. It was weird. What was it? I had been too afraid to clean it up and now, the squirrels had done the job for me.

The strange chocolate pile was now just another greasy stain in our driveway, but its memory haunted me through Tuesday and Wednesday. But on Thursday, I got a break in the case as I was cruising our trusty local news source, Baristanet.com. There was a passing reference to the "Montclair Pudding Attacker," and I found my answer. Read here, for further unsatisfactory explanation of the deranged criminals: http://www.baristanet.com/2009/03/riding_in_cars_with_pudding.php

I don't know what would posses someone to throw perfectly good chocolate pudding at his neighbors, but what I do know is that I will no longer say, "those things just don't happen to the Whitneys."

No comments:

Post a Comment