Tuesday, February 23, 2010

ALMOST... There... I MUST be.


I am up, in the middle of the night, sweating. It's February 23 and I am still pregnant with my second daughter. I have been having trouble sleeping for months now, but this is starting to get ridiculous. I just want to be done with it already. This picture immortalizes a happy time when it was still just the three of us and I was thinking that while this last 16 months has been so utterly rich and profound in every imaginable way, our family wasn't yet complete. Knowing this, and knowing I hold the key to its completion inside my (now busting at the seams, comically large) belly, I am so anxious, I can hardly hold it together. I am ready to meet my second born and get on with the business of being Whitneys.

No comments:

Post a Comment