Sunday, February 28, 2010

This was Adela's face...

... when I told her to expect a sister today...

What does she know that I don't?

For those of you waiting with baited breath, there has been nary a contraction today. I no longer have a relationship with the moon. At 11:38EST when good ole Mr. Moon was at his supposed highest and most gravitationally powerful point, I was taking a much needed nap. It came and went without a cramp.

Many people have asked me for an explanation for my impatience. After all, today is my due date. My answer is this: there's a baby inside who began her battle to escape almost 11 days ago and at that point, she weighed 8lbs 3oz. My vast mathematical and gestational knowledge leads me to believe she is well over 9 lbs now and on her way to 10lb (if my dietary choices have anything to do with it- what the hell else am I supposed to do?). So, there you have it. I'm not just a crazy, hysterical pregnant lady. I'm one who's been in labor on and off for 11 GD days!

No comments:

Post a Comment