Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Full Moon Baby Theory:

http://www.nightskyinfo.com/sky_highlights/hunters_moon/full_moon_small.jpgDoes anyone know anything about what it means to be born on a full moon? Tomorrow, February 28th, is my actual due date and it's a full moon. First of all, I am trying to make myself vulnerable to the moon's "natural gravitational pull," which in some circles is said to help rupture the good ole' bag o' waters. There's also good evidence to support the idea that more women go into spontaneous labor under the full moon. That's good and bad. While I am so anxious to have this baby that I've become impossible to be around (just ask my husband), I am also hoping for a quiet hospital with an attentive staff and available private rooms. NYU is notorious for overcrowding (I think my friend recently spent her postpartum recovery in a janitor's closet) as well as unabashedly pushing healthy moms and babies out the door the moment their time is up. Unlike the last time I did this, I am actually looking forward to being in L'hotel Hospital for a couple of days. I see it as a very, very short break before I become the overwhelmed mother of two darling, little, demanding baby girls. I plan to sleep, eat, read and occasionally breastfeed. I have no problem allowing the nursing staff the privelige of changing every diaper. I have had enough practice. Thank you very much, Adela. In short, I want the full moon to work for me, but not for all the other expectant mothers in the NY Metro area...

No comments:

Post a Comment